20mm Parallel • Clam Shell Barrel • Co-rotating
Side Feeding Ports • Segmented Screw Elements
CAN Bus Communication
The Stand-alone TSE 20/40 Extruder is a self-contained twin-screw extrusion system. The self-reliable unit is equipped with a 12kW inverter drive. The advantage of the integrated motor, allows the system to reach a higher rotary speed (max. 1200 rpm) than a Twin Screw Extruder powered by a drive-unit. The design and persuasive features make the TSE 20/40 Extruder a perfect solution for laboratory applications.
The unit utilizes the latest technology in CAN Field-Bus data communication. The Stand-alone Extruder TSE 20/40 is part of a new generation of compounding systems that will offer a high degree of operating reliability for the compounding of various polymers.
The processing unit is a clamshell design with segmented screws. The modular screw design enables the operator to optimize the compounding application by utilizing various kneading, mixing, and shear elements of the screws. The segmented screw elements are interchangeable and can be realigned to adapt to a specific application.
The Stand-alone Extruder TSE 20/40 is ideal for:
• pharmaceutical hot melt extrusion
• pharmaceutical twin screw extrusion
• incorporation of solid or liquid additives and pigments into polymers
• filling, reinforcing, alloying, and modification of thermoplastics
• filling, reinforcing, alloying, and modification of elastomers
• regeneration of polymers
• degassing of volatile matter with or without vacuum
• continuous reaction of polymers and other materials
The TSE 20/40 is available with barrel lengths of 20 or 40 D. Metering and/or venting ports are located at 10 D, 20 D, and 30 D with side feeding capabilities (12 D and 22 D). Furthermore, the barrel of the TSE 20/40 is divided horizontally, and can be tilted open on both sides. Allowing visual assessment of individual processing steps. Ideally suited for Research and Development applications.
• Graphic Interface: Alarms - Temperature - Pressure - Torque - Auxiliary Speeds • Protocol Storage • Data Logging: Temperature - Pressure - RPM - Torque - Auxiliary Speeds