The Viscograph®-E is the standard instrument worldwide for measuring the viscosity of starch and products containing starch. The instrument measures native starch - wheat, corn, potato, rice starch – just like all types of modified starch reliably and reproducibly and supplies a complete profile of the rheological properties of your products:
• Gelatinization and gelification properties of starch and starch containing products
• Hot and cold viscosity
• Stability of thickening agents or binders
• Acid stability of starch
• Extrudate testing
• Measurement of industrial starch
• Measurement of liquids, suspensions, pastes, etc.
The sample is heated up within a rotating bowl and cooled down again, both under controlled conditions. Together with the comfortable Windows software, the integrated, self-optimizing temperature controller allows programming and storage of any temperature profile with heating / cooling rates of 0.5...3°C / min. A measuring sensor reaching into the sample is deflected according to the viscosity of the sample in the bowl. This deflection is measured as torque.
Get reliable and reproducible data about the rheological properties of your material - thick or thin boiling, different thickening capacities, gelification, high or low hot and cold viscosity, stability, etc. from
• Beginning of gelatinization (A)
• Gelatinization maximum (B)
• Gelatinization temperature
• Viscosity during holding (B-C)
• Viscosity at the end of cooling (D)
• Automatic test procedure
• Storage of any number of temperature programs
• Heating / cooling rates of 0.5...3°C / min
• Electronic speed control (0 - 300 min-1)
• Low-deflection torque measurement
• Free selectable measuring ranges
• Automatic adaptation of the diagram scaling
• Evaluation in BU, mPas, cP or cmg
3x 400 V; 50/60 Hz + N +PE; 2.6 A
3x 230 V; 50/60 Hz + PE; 4.7 A
Dimensions (W x H x D)
320 x 600 x 610 mm
approx. 55 kg net
* for special applications in certain sections of the temperature cycle up to 5°C/min
Enter your test parameters from your computer keyboard and store them as a “method” – a single mouse click opens your test routine at any time. The PC transmits your temperature profile to the controller and the test runs automatically.
On-line display of the Viscogram keeps you informed of progress through the test. After the test, all relevant data are calculated fully automatically.
Tests can be run in an administrator or operator mode.
Define and assign authorities in the administrator mode or create and save automatic test procedures including a description of the test procedure for your laboratory staff.
The data correlation program allows a direct comparison of up to 15 Viscograms with each other by contrasting test conditions and results in a graphic and tabular form and evaluating them statistically. Or get a quick overview of all Viscograms from the correlation diagram.
Use this new, additional software package for defining evaluations of your own. Manifold defined formulas allow you to
• Evaluate the maximum or minimum within a certain, defined time range
• Search for the first time when a predefined viscosity is reached in the test
• Evaluate in your own defined temperature, time, or viscosity steps
• Evaluate the time between a certain temperature and reaching a certain viscosity, etc.
• Area calculation / energy